Tuesday 18 September 2012

St Etienne!

Well this is it! I'm now in St Etienne having arrived yesterday and I'm all settled in to my apartment. There are 4 of us living together - 3 English girls on a year abroad and a French woman. I'm sharing a room which is a little strange as last time I shared a room I was about 7 and sharing with my little brother! Yesterday evening I went to a language café and spoke a mixture of French and English and I've discovered how difficult it is to speak French when my brain is mostly asleep. I'll be spending today exploring and hopefully not getting too lost and then this evening I'm off to a housegroup that's run by the Church I'm working with here. Hopefully I'll be able to understand most of what's going on and get to know some of the people I'll be spending time with over the next 6 months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment